Have you considered selling your Huntington Beach home, but you’re not sure if the time is right? Perhaps you’re hesitant about making repairs or updates to the house to get it ready for sellers…or maybe you’re unsure you’ll get the best price you want. The way we here at The Malakai Sparks Group see it, the time to sell is indeed in 2021, and we’re going to share some reasons that support this in the following blog.
- Home Buyer Demand: High, Inventory: Low – At the top of our list is one of the bigger reasons 2021 is a good time to sell your Huntington Beach property. Indeed, the demand for homes in HB and communities like it all across the country has skyrocketed, with a limited number of homes for sale. With limited inventory, as we have covered in other blogs on our site, your home will be considered by significantly more buyers than in a steadier real estate market; this means your property could sell very quickly instead of you waiting months or even years for the right offer. What’s more, you may not have to worry about closing costs.
- Home Prices are Up – In the current race for housing, prices are high – and that equates to great news for sellers. In the current market, you could expect your Huntington Beach home to sell rather quickly for the asking price or easily above; additionally, expect to receive multiple offers within the first couple of days. We can say for certain that right now, it’s not uncommon for sellers to pick a number they’d like to get on their house…because they will likely achieve it. On a recent Malakai Sparks Group transaction, our team experienced 102 showings, received 32 offers and sold above asking price within the first 48 hours, and it doesn’t get much better than that.
- Mortgage Rates are Low – Buyers also have the advantage of historically low mortgage rates, providing them with an even bigger reason to buy now. Without the low rates in place, demand wouldn’t be as high, thus providing another major element in the current real estate market.
- Buyers’ Needs Have Changed – This is something we didn’t have a chance to explore in recent blog topics, but it sure is an important one we’re going to address now. Because of COVID-19, many homeowners have been reconsidering their current space to take into account home office demands, more room for children to learn and play indoors and even just a quiet place to escape to. This means they’re essentially seeking more space in a new home, giving you yet another reason to sell this year.
- The “As-Is” Factor – Recently showcased in a blog post on our website, there is also the “as-is” factor to consider; because of high demand, many homebuyers are signing contracts for homes in their as-is present condition. This means homeowners aren’t necessarily required to invest as much money and time on repairs and updates than they normally would to attract buyers – so you can say goodbye to that home project headache you’ve been putting off.
The Malakai Sparks Group team can’t wait to support you in your real estate endeavors. Whether you’re selling your Huntington Beach home at the most opportune of times or searching for your perfect dream house, The Malakai Sparks Group will help you every step of your journey. Call today or contact us online to make your dream future into a reality.